This section provides an overview of the information on Performance.gov, helping you locate answers to your questions as well as how to use the site.
Learn more about how Performance.gov provides a window into Federal agencies’ efforts to deliver a smarter, leaner, and more effective government.
What You Can Do on Performance.gov
- Learn how the Federal Government manages performance using a performance framework that focuses on developing and implementing a limited number of actionable goals and strategies, including Cross-Agency Priority (CAP) Goals, Agency Priority Goals (APGs), and Strategic Objectives. Complete OMB policy and guidance to Federal agencies for implementing the GPRA Modernization Act can be found in OMB Circular A-11, Part 6.
- Access performance information by agency, including information on agency established Priority Goals and links to each agency’s strategic plan, performance plans and reports, and other guiding documents. You can find this information in the Agencies dropdown menu below.
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Department of State
- United States Agency for International Development
- Department of Transportation
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- General Services Administration
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Science Foundation
- Office of Personnel Management
- Small Business Administration
- Social Security Administration
- Other Federal Agencies
- Read about the Administration's multi-generational vision for reform, including priorities and key drivers of government modernization on the President's Management Agenda page.
- Learn about the current Cross-Agency Priority Goals that drive implementation of the PMA, including the senior executives who lead each goal effort, their action plan for success, and quarterly reports on their progress.
- Functional Priority Areas Category Management
- Results-Oriented Accountability for Grants
- Getting Payments Right
- Federal IT Spending Transparency
- Improve Management of Major Acquisitions
- Mission Priority Areas
- Modernize Infrastructure Permitting
- Security Clearance, Suitability, and Credentialing Reform
Download Performance Data Report. This report consolidates agency performance information for the strategic goals, strategic objectives, and agency priority goals of the CFO-Act agencies that report performance updates to Performance.gov. The report provides a replacement of core agency performance information from the Application Programming Interface (API) that was available on the now archived performance.gov site. A new report will be posted and made available on the site for download concurrent with each quarterly update of progress on Priority Goals to Performance.gov.Download the Report
What You Will Not Find on Performance.gov
- Budget and funding information for individual agencies and government-wide initiatives is available at USASpending.gov. Additionally, the President’s proposed Budget of the U.S. Government presented each year to Congress is available on the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) website.
- Performance information from previous cycles is archived here. Note OMB Memorandum M-17-26 discontinued reporting of the previous Administration’s Priority Goals to Performance.gov during the remainder of the performance period which overlapped with the transition of Administrations in 2017. Where policy priorities aligned with the current Administration, reporting on the results of progress of these Priority Goals can be found in the agency’s Annual Performance Reports for that year.